The Future of the Past: Loughborough History and Heritage Community Day
21 June 2015
10.00 a.m. – 4.30 p.m
Burleigh Court, Loughborough University Campus
A free heritage event for the local community
Join us for:
- Presentations on local history topics
- Panel talks and discussions
- Short guided tours of the University campus
- Stands and displays by local history and heritage groups
- Book signings and ‘meet the author’ opportunities
Refreshments and bar meals will be on sale throughout the event and Sunday lunches available between 12.30 pm and 2 pm in the Burleigh Court Restaurant (prior booking for Sunday lunches is advised).
- Peter Liddle, former County Archaeologist for Leicestershire
- Dave Postles, author of A Town in its Parish: Loughborough to 1640
- Sara Read, historian and literary scholar, who will discuss the experiences of women in the Early Modern period
- Marianne Whiting, who will be asking ‘Britons, Saxons, Vikings – Who Are the English?’
- Colin Hyde of the East Midlands’ Oral Histories Archive
- Alison Yarrington and Katey Goodwin, discussing Public Sculptures of Leicestershire
See here for the event programme.
The event is free and everyone is welcome to attend.
For further information contact K.M.Ette@lboro.ac.uk